International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
China Adventure

I Dream of China...

Friday, July 10, 2009

i


On the road r47 E KMcElman_090514_A1 M     iz O d Wood Scrabble Tile F



C h33 City Carpet Letter I n28 letter a


Well, it's official- our adventure in China is right around the corner. How do I know? Last night I had my first official China "panic" dream. What's a "panic" dream? I'm sure you've had them before- you probably just call them something else. You know, the dreams you start having a few weeks before school starts, where you:
  • forget about your class schedule and students are sitting in your room waiting for you all day...
  • not realize you were signed up for a course, then have to take the final exam without ever having been in the class...
  • are not able to remember ANY of your students' names...
I think you get the picture now :)

Everyone has their passports & visas, so now we are just waiting to have our next teacher conference call on July 23rd. I'm really excited to compare checklists with Brett & Rita and talk about essential questions & "lesson plans" for our students to focus on during our trip.

Anyone have any funny "panic" dreams to share? If you can identify and have any stressful dreams of your own, please share!

6 comments:

Rachel Castlen said...

So I had a 'panic dream' at a hotel in Johannesburg traveling with our South Africa Pilot trip last month:

In the middle of the night I woke up thinking, "I need to tell the guy to do the thing at the place!"

The problem was I couldn't remember the guy, what to tell him to do, or where to go... I jumped out of bed and sleep walked to the bathroom. I knocked on the door and my roommate answered as she was getting ready for bed.

As soon as I saw her face, I kind of woke up and told her about 3 times, "I was confused, but I'm not anymore."

She is still laughing at me about this little 'panic dream' episode :)... and the fact that I still seemed pretty confused...

Adam Controy said...

I had a panic dream too! I found out last Friday at the Discovery Educator’s National Institute in San Francisco that I won a trip to China with Discovery Student Adventures. Needless to say I have been in a “panic dream” for about four days! ☺ Although I must admit, it is a GOOD PANIC, paperwork and all. I am so excited to meet the China crew and look forward to an amazing experience.
Adam

Sean M said...

Nice Rachel:) I only came on here to say I'm excited to see what you guys get to do. Hopefully it's as fun as SA was! But I have a panic dream... once I watched Lord of The Rings pretty much all day, I know, nerdy, but anyway, that night I was being chased by orks over and over again. I would wake up every half hour and when I went back to sleep, they were back! Have fun

Karen Wells said...

I didn't have any panic dreams while in South Africa (too tired, I guess) but since I've been back I keep dreaming I have just one more South Africa project left to do and I can't believe I haven't done it yet. When I wake up, it's something outrageous - like reworking the entire itinerary. Thank goodness for travel managers!

TechTonya said...

I can' t recall a panic dream, but I do want to wish the entire China crew a great experience. Ohhh, and hope that you all do not have too many "panic dreams" while away. Enjoy!

Tonya, NJ DEN LC EVENTS TEAM

Karen Wells said...

Happy traveling to all the DSA China people. Can't wait to read the blogs!

Essential Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When August 1st - 14th, 2009
Focus History/Culture
Martial Arts
Modern/Ancient Architecture